Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

What's Your Passion? Want to Write about it and make money? I am..

My Home Remedies Website Want you own? Site Build It!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cosleeping and onions in your sock

Ha...bet that's a title you never thought you'd read.

Destructo-boy is sick.  And, when Destructo-boy gets sick..he get's SICK.  Days of misery.  Social-butterfly and Fairy-princess...well they get sick for a little bit, plug on and recover quickly. Destructo-boy drags it out..and out...and out.

Social-butterfly seemed to get it first.  She woke up this morning with a low-grade fever, but within an hour of waking up, was totally fine.  Weird..but we didn't think too much of it.  She was fine all day, but tonight she wasn't feeling well again.

Anyway, those of you who know me, know that I LOVE home remedies.  The weirder the better, I say.  So, when Destructo-boy got sick, I searched through my archives of home remedies to find something that would work for a 2-year old.  A 2-year who refuses to eat or drink anything other than breastmilk when sick that is.   And, voila..I came across the perfect home remedy.  Onions in your sock.  Yes..that's right...placing cut up onions in your sock helps a fever.

It's actually scientific in a weird sorta of way.  Onions are well known for having antimicrobial actions.  The soles of the feet are well known for being highly absorbent (surely you mom must have warned about the perils of getting worms from walking around barefoot outside).    So, the onion is absorbed through the feet and into the blood stream where it fights the infection.

Raw garlic would actually also work except for the fact that raw garlic is so strong, that it can actually burn the skin.  So, we'll stick with onions.

Anyway, Destructo-boy is now sleeping in MY room with cut-up onions in his socks.  Yes...he sleeps in my room every night.  So, I just entered my bedroom to check on him and well...the entire room smells like a burger joint. Ah..the joys of co-sleeping.  Can't wait to go sleep in my oniony smelling room.  Ha...at least we'll probably get the whole pew to ourselves tomorrow at Mass.  No one's going to want to sit next to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment