Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

What's Your Passion? Want to Write about it and make money? I am..

My Home Remedies Website Want you own? Site Build It!

Monday, July 5, 2010

New Year

Well we've started our school year.  Our first official day was June 29th.....Social-Butterfly is now 3rd grade (or so...homeschoolers don't really have grades) while the Fairy-Princess is kindergarten(ish).  Yes, we start in the summer and go year-round!  I like being able to be more relaxed all year....there is no pressure to fit school in 4-5 days a week, and if we don't finish one day, we just finish the next.

So far, things have gone just swimmingly.  I am LOVING our phonics program...Alpha-Phonics Primer and Phonics Pathways for the Fairy-Princess.  It is SO MUCH easier than what we had been using before (Teach your child to read in 100 Easy Lessons).  Fairy-Princess seems to be picking things up well!

Lesson Pathways is working out find too.  The kids love it, since it is so much more fun and interactive than just a textbook.  Social-Butterfly is loving learning about time lines and helping dogs.  She had a lot of fun making a family timeline, and  it helped her visualize the passage of time easier and realize that mommy and daddy actually lived lots of life before she was born!

All About Spelling seems to be working very well too!  The Social-Butterfly likes it better than just plain lists of spelling words anyway.

We'll see what the rest of the year brings!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! The new year! Soo exciting ! I would love to go to the beach on Wed, will you guys be there? I just have to be sure my registration on my car is set. we SURE are going to miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey superwoman...great name! It fits you. I sent you msg. on Facebook...we'll be at the beach on Tues. this week. I just checked out your blog..LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete